About Me

My photo
Gold Coast, QLD, Australia

Work:
I work as a casual sales assistant at Just Jeans

Education:
Completed Secondary Education at A.B. Paterson College

Study:
In the process of achieving Bachelor of Business / Bachelor of Arts at Griffith University, currently hoping to major in Marketing and Public Relations

Hobbies:
• Snowboarding... my newest hobby
• Working at Just Jeans (yes, i enjoy working... sadly!)
• Going out with mates every chance I get

Most awesome experiences that I can mention on a public website:
• EUROTRIP and China for 3 weeks... including the Rugby World Cup Finals in Paris and Oktoberfest!
• Having a 70people-strong 18th Birthday Party
• Snowboarding at Thredbo
• Schoolies ‘06

I am looking forward to...
• More Travelling (Kuala Lumpur and Singapore hopefully)
• Big Day Out '09

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Week 7: Catch up…

Due to the cancellation of Thursday tutorials because of ANZAC DAY, the focus of this week is continuing work on our essays, catching up on missed blog entries and/or revising the previous lectures.

Judging by the date this blog was actually posted (it’s been saved on my computer for awhile!), I went with the essay option.

I’ve found some fantastic information relating to my chosen topic of Second Life and whether it allows us to live more, however I am beginning to think that this particular theme is too broad. While there are many areas of Second Life I am fascinated by and would love to discuss them all, perhaps I need to focus on one area so that I can make the most of the tiny 1000word limit. After some careful consideration I’ve narrowed my choices down to two potential essay hypotheses:
  1. Virtual Worlds and Business

  2. Virtual Worlds and Education
There is a vast amount of information available on the connection between Virtual Worlds, such as Second Life, and Education. Actually there’s probably a little too much information available since I am getting the impression that the topic has been over-explored already. After watching the screening of Four Corners in class about Second Life users making real money from virtual businesses I am partial towards the business related theme. Plus I like the challenge of having to dig around more thoroughly for information to form an essay on a reasonably untouched topic.

So my final hypothesis shall be something along the lines of:
“Is business conducted via Virtual Reality Programs more efficient and/or effective than the real world methods?”

No comments: